FAQs for Team Placement, Registration, and Scheduling
Do you have questions about SoundView Little League? We have answers! We've put together a list of frequently asked questions to answer many of your inquiries regarding player evaluations, the season schedule, and registration. If you have a question and do not see it addressed, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or on our Facebook page.
- Q What cities/areas does SoundView serve?
Tacoma and surrounding areas, including Brown's Point, University Place, Fircrest, the North End, and the Eastside.
- Q How do I know which divisions my child is eligible to register for?
A: Division eligibility is based on league age. League age for baseball is determined by the age of the child on August 31 of the current year. League age for softball is determined by the age of your child on January 1 of the current year. For further clarification, see the official Little League age charts:
2024 Little League Baseball Age Chart • 2024 Little League Softball Age Chart
- Q What if my child’s league age makes them eligible for more than one division level, how do I choose?
- A If your child played with SoundView last season, your coach is a great source of guidance on whether your child is ready to compete at the next level. Important factors to consider are, can your child safely play at the level and will they enjoy playing at the level, but ultimately the choice is up to you.
- Q What ages does SoundView LL allow?
- A Registration is open for boys and girls ages 4 through 16. It is our desire to never turn away a child who desires to participate. If we are not able to field a team for a given age group, we will do our best to find a league nearby for anyone who would like to play.
- Q What if there are not enough players to form a team in a division?
- A For participants age 13 and over, we may not have a good idea on whether we'll have enough participation to field a team until we get close to the registration deadline. If we are not able to field a team, in any division, we will do our best to make sure that everyone who registers with SoundView has the option to play in a nearby league.
- Q What is SoundView LL’s refund policy?
It is the Refund Policy of SoundView Little League to issue no refunds for any child that has been drafted, participated in their first practice or first sanctioned game. Prior to being drafted, participating in their first practice, or playing in a sanctioned game, a refund of the registration fee will be issued minus the credit card fees and a $25 administrative fee.
Upper Divisions - No refunds will be issued after 2/16/24.
Lower Divisions - No refunds will be issued after 3/20/24.For information on refunds please contact us at: [email protected]
- Q I didn’t upload proof of residence when I registered online, what do I need to do now?
- AIf you missed our walk-in registrations, you can still show us proof of residence, in person during player evaluations. (Tryouts dates and times TBD). You can also upload proof of residency anytime by following the "Click here to fulfill these requirements" link on the My Account page
- Q How can I verify my child’s date of birth?
- A You can upload a copy of your child’s birth certificate online by clicking the edit icon next to your child’s name on the My Account page. Once your child’s birth certificate is uploaded into your account, you should not have to upload again for subsequent seasons.
- Q Completing Medical Release and Concussion forms
- ACoaches will be providing these forms during the first few practices.
Uniforms / Equipment
- Q How are uniforms provided?
- A This year, Soundview will provide hats and jerseys. Parents will be responsible for pants, belts and socks. Color requirements will be shared by the coaches before the season starts.
- Q What equipment do we need to buy to play baseball / softball?
A Each player should have:
- A comfortable glove, appropriate for their age and size.
- Cleats are recommended, but not required for Tee Ball. Cleats are required for baseball A division and up and all softball divisions.
- We recommend that all male players wear an athletic supporter and cup
- A bat is not a required purchase, but any bat used in any league activity must meet the Little League standards and bear the USA Baseball mark.
- Q When will I find out which team my child is on?
For Tee ball, Minor A, and Minor AA, our goal is to let you know what team you are on by the end of February. However, you may not find out until mid March as we finalize team assignments and locate coaches.
For Minor AAA and Majors you will find out what team you are on after evaluations which take place in early February. The player draft will be scheduled shortly after evaluations. Practices for AAA and Majors divisions should begin in late February.
We will do our best to stick to the specified dates, however we do not always have coaches for all teams right away (this is normal) so days and times may change based on when we get coaches and their availability to meet.
- Q How long does the season run?
- A The short answer is mid/end March through early/mid June.
- Q When do practices start?
- A Coaches are free to schedule practice, once teams are announced. Most AAA and Majors teams will start practice around the first week of March. Most Tee Ball, Minor A, and Minor AA teams will start practices by the end of March / beginning of April.
- Q When do games start?
- A For Majors and Minors AAA, games will begin in mid / late March and run through early / mid June. For Tee Ball, Minors A, and Minors AA, games will begin early / mid April and run through early / mid June.